To start off, if I’ve got my facts straight, Royal Pirates debuted in 2013. They are a Korean-American rock band that consists of Kim Moon-chul, EXSY, and James Lee. And basically, they’re pretty darn amazing.
Here are the top 5 reasons this group’s songs should make up the most played songs on your playlist:
1. The breathtakingly raw emotions in their songs
Is it just me or can you feel the emotions in this song? I can hear the passion, want, and love – and maybe a hint of sadness – coming from their, especially James’, voices.
For me, this is the most important aspect of Royal Pirates – what I find with many groups is that I don’t get the same raw emotions as I get from Royal Pirates. Although they are the ones singing the songs and going through the emotions, the moment I listen to their songs I feel as though I am going through the same emotions. It’s powerful.
2. They write and compose their own songs
This brings another level of authenticity to their music – not only are the songs beautifully written but they all convey some sort of story. For whatever situation you are in I promise you there will be a song that you can listen to to uplift your spirits or to let everything out.
The bassist of the group wrote about the meaning behind his portion of their new music video (Run Away) in his blog – check it out here (He has a great way with words and an eloquent way of writing out his thoughts – hopefully he’ll post more in the future).
Check out the music video talked about above here:
And some behind the scenes footage:
3. They worked hard for where they are right now and I am sure they will work just as hard to get to where they want to be.
4. You’re not into Korean songs? Hey that’s totally cool brah – they’ve got English ones too!
5. They seem like down-to-earth, real, and well-mannered guys – who wouldn’t want to listen to songs written by people like that?
So, why not give their songs a go? Here is the link to their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/royalpiratesband